Failing to provide correct wage information
Based on what you earn throughout your lifetime, you become eligible for social security. In case you don’t provide accurate information to the authorities so they can calculate your social security value properly, you could end up receiving smaller social security.
You can provide all the information the government needs from you by creating a My Social Security account as follows:
“Among other things, you can use your mySocialSecurity account to:
- Receive personalized estimates of future benefits.
- View your latest Social Security statement.
- Review your earnings history.
- Set up or change the direct deposit details for your benefit payments.
- Request a replacement card if you’ve lost yours.”