Having a household to run, no matter the size, requires some strategic planning and saving and budget-planning for everybody. This could explain the tendency of so many Americans to look for the latest-and-greatest sale and clip coupons, to save more money.
That’s why some might decide to subscribe to a Costco membership, starting at $60 per year, so they can afford to buy in bulk and take advantage of great deals. For the other though, the pricing of certain items isn’t within the scope of their cash flow, or they don’t have a Costco Wholesale at a short distance from their homes.
Even so, they want to benefit when they reach this shopping destination, without being registered as members. Is it possible? The answer is definitely yes, and we gathered some ways through which you can still buy at Costco without being a member, so have a look!
- You can order your delivery with Instacart, but the prices won’t be as low as in-store.
- You can go with a member because members are allowed to bring in guests, although you need to enter and leave the store at the same time.
- Try using a Costco Cash Card, it works like a gift card but it must be purchased by a member.
- Use a household or business membership, if you live with a member or work at a company with a member.
- Shop at Costco’s online store, but you’ll have to pay an extra 5% as a non-member.
- You can buy alcohol because it is not limited only to members. Pay attention, there are some locations where the liquor store will have a separate entrance.
- You can also buy medication at the pharmacy because it has the same rule applied.
- Take advantage of eye and ear exams, or even get a flu shot.
- You can eat at the food court, depending on the location. Some locations allow non-members to eat there as well, while others are members-only.
Now that you know this, you can easily shop at a Costco store without being a member. But who knows? You might find their offers and sales are really fitting, and in the end giving $60 on a membership won’t be such a bad idea after all.
If you enjoyed reading this article, we also recommend you: 15 Best Deals for Seniors Only at Costco Stores