In 2020, American retirees were collecting an average monthly Social Security payment of $1,503, which is basically $18,036 a year. That’s hardly enough to be able to afford a decent life, given the fact that health care costs can reach the sum of $13,000 per year.
So, the logical question would be: How much does it cost to retire OUTSIDE of the U.S.? The answer is optimistic, as health care, housing and daily expenses cost significantly less in other countries. We’ve made a list of the cheapest, and safest countries for retiring outside the U.S. Places where even $150,000 or less is enough to live a peaceful and comfortable life.
2 thoughts on “11 Countries to Retire Where $150K Is More Than Enough”
No help to me except raise which 6not worth anything in today’s market
If 72% of SS checks go out to retirees, who’s the other 28%?