- Portland, Maine – If you wish for a four-season climate, head north in Portland, Maine. You can savor lobster, visit the lighthouses in the surroundings and in the rocky coastline along the Atlantic Ocean. The median home price for those age 60 and older is $249,200, while the median rent is $783 per month.
- Miami – Retirees who are in love with a city vibe will consider moving to Miami. I think we all know by now how Miami lures retirees to fast-paced South Beaches or laid back Key Biscayne. Housing will cost those age 60 and older $1,5629 a month if they have a mortgage or $589 if they don’t. Those who will consider renting should expect to pay $998 per month.
- Charleston, South Carolina – Charleston has a historic charm that might with a dose of Southern hospitality that might instantly attract retirees. The waterfront boasts restaurants, but also boating and water sports. While some areas in Charleston are pricey, the median home price among those age 60 and older is $204,800.
- Melbourne, Florida – Melbourne is located in an area known as Florida’s Space Coast, where Kennedy Space Center can be found. Those who retire in Melbourne can enjoy a beach life for a reasonable cost. The median home price for those age 60 and older is $157,900.
- Jacksonville, Florida – Retirees in Jacksonville will enjoy 22 miles of sandy beaches along the Atlantic Ocean and fishing off the Jacksonville Beach Pier. The median home price for retirees is $172,500. It costs a median of $921 a month to rent an apartment near the beach.
- Boston – Retirees who will like to move to Boston will have tons of things to do, from visiting a myriad of historical haunts to taking the ferry to Spectacle Island or a hop on the commuter rail. The median home price in Boston is $423,450 and the median monthly rent is $1,335.
Medicare doesn’t cover routine vision care – Medicare doesn’t cover neither routine eye exams or glasses. The